INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING: thoroughly review this job description before
applying. Don't waste your time or ours - apply only if you feel the role
and ideal candidate characteristics describes you. Getting hired for a job
not suited for you may be exciting at first, but can lead to unhappiness for
you and everyone involved. Email submissions are preferred over fax or in
person deliveries. Your emailed application WILL be looked at.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Office & Nutrition Assistant (Naturopathic Clinic) - Part Time
NOTICE: If you do not have front desk or office administration experience,
and some nutrition knowledge, please DO NOT apply for this position.
Location: Stouffville Road & 404 (No public transit service)
The overall role of the Office & Nutrition Assistant is to help keep the
busy Naturopathic/Biological Medicine Clinic running efficiently and
harmoniously. The Office & Nutrition Assistant provides patients with
empathetic and caring customer service to ensure their health and emotional
needs are being met. Reporting to the Doctor, the Office & Nutrition
Assistant takes care of multiple details so the doctor can concentrate on
patient care in this very fast-paced clinic.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Front Desk Role (Primary)
- Cheerfully greeting all patients upon arrival
- Enthusiastically answering the phone
- Recording and returning phone messages
- Receiving packages from couriers
- Taking patient supplement orders by phone
- Handling all payments and issuing receipts
- Booking appointments for patients
- Packing and shipping supplement orders
- Opening the clinic in the morning.
- End of day accounting of revenue
- Filing and preparing new patient files
- Mailing out new patient forms
- General clerical work
- Providing information to people inquiring about the clinic services by phone or in person
- Maintaining harmony & a sense of wellness in a busy clinic environment
- Keeping the doctor organized, on track, and informing him of clinic activities
- Booking occasional travel and accommodations for the Doctor
Clinical Role (Secondary)
- Accepting and analyzing patient saliva, blood & urine
- Recording results and providing them to the doctor
- Writing up supplement prescriptions based on doctor's direction
- Working with other assistants to ensure patient care
- Explaining to patients how to take their supplements
The Work Environment:
The naturopathic clinic is fast-paced, hectic, with multiple things to
juggle at one time. Think carefully about whether or not you enjoy this kind
of environment. The doctor and team members love what they do and therefore
thrive in the busy environment. You will be counted on to learn quickly and
get up to speed as a critical part of the team.
Your Personal Qualities & Strengths:
You have a Knowledge and Passion for Natural Health
Being passionate about natural medicine and helping people be healthy, you
set an example by striving to live a healthy lifestyle yourself. You
strongly believe in finding natural solutions to health problems first, and
using drugs and surgery in conjunction with Naturopathic care. You have at a
minimum a general awareness of naturopathic and alternative health
You Love Helping People
Honesty and optimism describe you. High energy, enthusiasm, and going
overboard to make people feel looked after and cared about, come naturally
to you. When faced with sick and suffering patients, your genuine empathy
and comforting abilities shine through. You naturally care about people and
want to help them regain their health. You are mentally tough enough to
maintain your enthusiasm and empathy in a sometimes emotionally draining
environment which includes terminally ill patients.
You Thrive on Chaos While Remaining Calm, Organized and Efficient
Being able to remain focused and efficient despite multiple demands coming
at you from all directions is your strength. You thrive on chaos and
wouldn't have it any other way - for you, multi tasking is a breeze and
makes things interesting. While keeping the clinic humming along at a fast
pace, you remain detail oriented and never tolerate sloppiness from
yourself. No matter how hectic the office gets, your focus and efficiency
doesn't interfere with your ability to remain empathetic and caring towards
You're a Team Player
Working closely with the Doctor and other assistants, you naturally get
along with different personality types and remain cool when the pressure is
on. Realizing that in a small team roles are often shared, you don't
hesitate to drop what you're doing to help another team member, or step into
their role when needed.
You're a "Do Whatever it Takes" Dependable Person
You do whatever it takes to get the job done including coming in early and
staying late when necessary. Your flexible schedule allows you to do this
without inconvenience to you or your family. You view your role not as "just
a job" but as a vital health care provider who helps save and improve the
lives of sick and suffering people. You're super-dependable nature means you
can be counted on to be there when needed and do what you say you will. You
carry out your role thoroughly paying close attention to every detail,
knowing people's health is at stake. You love being able to work
independently without constant direction or micro-management from your
Your Work Experience Includes:
- Medical office administration
- Front desk administration
- Customer service
- Nutrition or natural medicine
- Health clinic
- Knowledge of Naturopathic Medicine and Holistic therapies is an asset
Your Skills Include:
- Fast learner and ability to learn-as-you go
- Customer service orientated
- Extreme multi tasking ability
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Familiar with computers and office software such as MS Office: Word, Excel.
- Proficient with typing and keyboard use. 50 words per minute ideal.
- Ability to: lift boxes of up to 30 lbs, bend down to unpack
product, climb ladder to stock shelves, lengthy standing and walking around
Hours & Compensation
- Part time, approx 20 hours/week. (could be more in the future)
- Approximate hours are: to be determined.
- Naturopathic supplements at cost.
Other Requirement: you must have access to a reliable vehicle since the
clinic is close to Stouffville Road & 404 and has NO public transit service.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Email your resume along with a letter describing how you are perfect for
this role and why you want it. Email to jobs at wellnesspromarketing.com -
replace the "at" with the "@" symbol.